Written By Susan Kohn Ross
If you or your organization are interested in helping to fight the spread of COVID-19, please see this page on FEMA’s website for more information. Examples for the private sector include the following as stated by FEMA:
- To sell medical supplies or equipment to the federal government, please submit a price quote under the COVID-19 PPE and Medical Supplies Request for Quotation. Full details can be found in the solicitation (Notice ID 70FA2020R00000011).
- This solicitation requires registration with the System for Award Management (SAM) in order to be considered for award, pursuant to applicable regulations and guidelines. Registration information can be found at http://www.sam.gov. Registration must be “ACTIVE” at the time of award.
- If you have medical supplies or equipment to donate, please provide us details on what you are offering.
- If you are a private company that wants to produce a product related to the COVID response – email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a hospital or healthcare provider in need of medical supplies, please contact your state, local, tribal or territory department of public health and/or emergency management agency.
- If you are interested in doing business with FEMA and supporting the response to COVID- 19 with your company’s non-medical goods and/or services, please submit your inquiry to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Procurement Action Innovative Response Team (PAIR) team at DHSIndustryLiaison@hq.dhs.gov.
Additional information can be found on FEMA’s website here. Further details include how to help via donations and volunteering.
NY & CA Get COVID-Combat Ready
In New York, according to Empire State Development, “Governor Cuomo has called on businesses to produce needed supplies related to COVID-19. New York needs companies to help in addressing the need for medical supplies and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).” The web page provides the option for individuals/businesses visiting the site to indicate whether they: 1) are ready to supply, 2) will repurpose production, or 3) volunteer or donate. The site also provides additional information on ventilators, COVID-19 test kits, and more.
Similarly, to meet the current needs of the Golden State, the State of California has announced through the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Service (Cal OES) that it intends to purchase personal protective equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to, surgical masks, gloves, and other medical commodities, such as ventilators. Cal OES has authorized certain individuals to communicate with potential suppliers and engage on the State of California’s behalf. Should the State of California enter into a contract with a supplier for the purchase of PPE, medical supplies, or any other commodities, the State of California has stated that it has available funds to perform on the contract.
Participating companies may want to consider composing a list of any products needed to acquire supply commitments for over the course of the coming weeks.
Specifications on some of the products to which this announcement applies can be found here. If you have resources to contribute, either for donation or purchase, to support California’s response to COVID-19., please visit this page.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding these developments.